And both Holmeses are rather hurt by this.
Can we just take a moment to appreciate the irony of these two scenes? Because which one is the machine and which one isn’t human, really?
This is the Ayam Cemani, an Indonesian breed of chicken.
What makes it awesome? Well, it’s black. Absolutely, utterly, black. Black feathers. Black skin and nails. Well, that’s cool right? Well, it also has black muscles, and black bones, and organs that are so dark they are almost black.
This is literally a chicken that is entirely black inside and out.
Only their blood isn’t blood, but even so it is way darker than the blood of other animals.
How bad ass is that?
That’s so fucking metal.
That’s black cocks for ya
their blood isn’t blood?
Say what you want about Donna but to me, she was incredibly insightful, and I still think she was the smartest companion.
THEYRE SO FUCKING CUTE
just noticed how ron is rubbing harry’s hair here while his brother rubs his as well and now i’m having head canon’s that ron did it because that’s how his brothers show affection and he thought of harry as a brother and help i am having hp feels
Note Ron’s brother starts rubbing Harry’s head as well
maybe i’m a goddamn bleeding heart hippie liberal but i’m totally down with paying an extra .50 cents for a thing of fries if the person who makes me those fries doesn’t have to work 3 jobs just to survive.
this was one of my favorite things Sam has ever done in the entire series
- Erases female fandom nerds out of the equation almost entierly, presenting the idea that women don’t go to comic book stores, arcades, conventions, or other fandom based activities (you know, because being a nerd is totally male exclusive/that space is entirely for men) WOMEN CAN APPARENTLY BE SMART OR SOCIALLY INEPT BUT U’LL NEVER SEE 1 HAVE A LORD OF THE RINGS MARATHON LOL.
- Patronizes male nerds as a lot of pathetic dweebs that have absolutely no social conditioning and are terrified of women.
- Places female characters in emotionally abusive relationships with male characters (Sheldon/Amy is disgusting and terrible, Howard’s treatment of Bernedette is even more disgusting because he doesn’t even have the excuse of having aspergers). The show completely strips said male characters of any sort of responsibility over their actions and plays up their controlling, selfish behavior as something quirky and funny as all of the girls respond at the end of the day with an OH YOU!
- One character only exists to be the butt of racist jokes. One character only exists to be the butt of aspergers jokes.
- Laughs at the idea of loving nerdy/fandom stuff as opposed to laughing at the situations the characters get into or laughing with nerds (see: community). There is literally a laugh track moment after Sheldon says he found his N64.
- Treats it’s non nerdy main female character with a mixture of slut shame-y, idealized object of desire grossness and using her to make the point that being nerdy = being a freak (making you feel bad for her and angry that she’s used as Chuck Lorre’s mouthpiece about why being a nerd is so St00pid)
- Leaves no room for other “kinds” of nerds. In a day and age when nerdy interests are actually fairly chice, it’s strange that every nerd on the show is portrayed as pathetic and socially inept.
- Seriously you’d think this show was written in the 1960’s
- Im pretty sure that Chuck Lorre has this idea in his head that all nerds are white males with coke bottle glasses that got thrown into dumpsters in high school and think that girls are either 2spooky4u or unattainable sex objects meant to cater to their whims and desires.
Photographs by David Venni
remember the heartbreaking/fandom shaming “quote” from Benedict that was going around earlier today?
well let’s compare and contrast:
Personally speaking I take everything ever quoted, or even said (as we all know the power of creative editing) in interviews with a large bucket of salt.
BRAND NEW PICS…
(set includes new pics)
American hustle L.A press conference 20132 pics..
• Accidentally close a tab? Ctrl+Shift+T reopens it.
• Bananas release dopamine, eat them when you’re sad.
• CTRL+SHIFT+ESC is the one handed version of CTRL+ALT+DEL
• Don’t brush your teeth hard, it makes them sensitive and removes enamel.
• Don’t like spiders? Put citronella oil on your walls and they will not go there.
• Drink one glass of water for every alcoholic drink you have, you’ll get drunk without getting a hangover.
• Get clear ice cubes by boiling water before freezing it
• Heal paper cuts and immediately stop the pain with chapstick.
• If you accidentally write on your dry erase board with a permanent marker, scribble over it with a dry eraser marker to remove it.
• If your shoes smell, put them in the freezer overnight, it will kill the bacteria.
• Make bug bites stop itching with a banana peel.
• Make a paper longer with 12-point text, but 14-point periods and commas.
• Need to get around a blocked website at work? Try replacing the http:// with https://
• Never send your resume as a word file (unless asked) Instead, print it to a pdf file, it’s much cleaner and professional looking.
• Pick a flavor of gum you don’t normally chew, and chew it while studying during a test.
• Place a piece of bread in a container with your homemade cookies and they will stay soft.
• Put a dry towel into a dryer with wet clothes, they will dry faster.
• Put toothpaste on a pimple and cover it with a bandaid overnight. It will dry out.
• Practice fake smiling in the mirror every day before going to work/school, you’ll genuinely start to feel happier.
• Rub canola/olive oil on knives before cutting onions, you won’t cry, alternatively chew gum and you won’t either.
• Short on time with a wrinkled dress shirt? Hang it up in the bathroom to steam it flat.
• The night before, place things you don’t want to forget the next morning on top of your shoes.
• Use hydrogen peroxide to remove blood stains from clothing.
• When cleaning windows use newspapers or coffee filters instead of paper towels, they will not leave streaks.
• When microwaving bread products/pizza put a glass of water in with it, it will keep your bread for going spongy.
• When you move into a new place you’re renting, take pictures of any and all damage, then post them on facebook (privately if preferred) so you can use the reference date as proof you didn’t do it.
• When searching plane tickets online delete your cookies prior, prices go up when you visit a site multiple times.
Can we just stop and talk about this for a minute?
Thresh doesn’t make an alliance. Thresh doesn’t waste time liking her. Thresh knows that either he must kill her or she must kill him for one of them to win.
But this is the only way he can repay her for protecting Rue when he couldn’t. It’s the only way he can repay her for honoring Rue when he couldn’t. He honors her by sparing her friend, the girl who would have died for her.
The revolution really doesn’t start with Katniss.
It starts with Rue.
SOMEBODY FINALLY SAID IT
This is exactly the point I’ve been trying to make for years. Okay, so the revolution gets it’s kindling with Katniss. She volunteers, well that’s new, she rebels in the display of talents by shooting the apple. This triggers her perfect score, okay. These aren’t really “Revolutionary” though.
It’s not even revolutionary when Peeta professes his love, because, let’s face it, the rules of the game haven’t changed. They’re still just two kids who would have to KILL each other to win. Without a doubt, it would bring some interest to the games, so the Capitol makes propaganda about it. The “Star Crossed Lovers” in a game of life and death.
But what changes the game is Rue. Right away from her introduction in the books we know Rue is going to be somewhat of a big deal. She was compared to the most important character to Katniss, Prim, so that’s a huge indicator. She’s small, young, she’s what Prim would have been.
So Katniss instantly feels a subconscious pull toward her.
When they meet in the trees, Katniss could have killed Rue easily, and Rue probably could have pulled a sneak attack or alerted the Careers of Katniss’s presence. Instead, Rue points out the Tracker Jacker nest.
Then it escalates, Rue and Katniss become an odd team, they’re an alliance, which is never new in the Hunger Games, as forming teams and then betraying them at the end seems to be a common, but there’s is different. It’s close, it’s sisterly, protective.
And then Rue get’s impaled. Katniss kills her first tribute with ease after that. Comparing it to hunting game. Katniss holds Rue, she cries, and then she sings. She sings for Rue a song of promised safety and warmth, something completely absent in the arena.
And this is where the metaphorical canon fires. Katniss could have left Rue, the hovercraft would have been along to pick her up, but she can’t. She’s morally obligated to love this girl as much as possible. And this is where the revolution starts.
She honors the dead. She honors a dead tribute from a district she’d never seen, a person she’d known for only a short period of time. But she throws away Hunger Games norms. She rejects them completely.
In the Hunger Games you’re supposed to kill mercilessly and leave the victims for the plain box they’re shipped home in.
Katniss gives Rue a funeral in the Games, she decorates the body, she makes it look like Rue is sleeping. Like no harm had come. Katniss just ignited the coals that Rue had placed.
Rue’s District sends a parachute. Homemade bread.
Then Thresh kills Clove and distracts Cato by taking his bag.
The fire is going now, and the actions in Catching Fire are even more obvious.
The Speech for Rue. Peeta’s painting. Everything eludes back to this one little girl who became Katniss’s family.
So the revolution never started with Katniss, she was just the tinder for Rue’s ignition.
Rue was the real Mockingjay.
I just got fucking chills. I don’t think I ever realized this before. I need to reread those books again.